Procrastination by Poulton

Where I post my thoughts of the day

Thursday, June 15, 2006

Tails of a blown cleat

So it was bound to happen (or so the story goes). I was playing Ultimate last night and blew a cleat. On it's own that doesn't mean much but it was game point! I was tracking down a guy who was going long and we both were diving for the disc when I felt my shoe become lose. I didn't have time to look at my shoe as we were right at the end zone. A couple throws later, and them scoring their 15th point (resulting in us losing 15-13) I look at my shoe and noticed a hole from my midsole to my heel. It seems when you don't properly dry out your cleats it rots the cardboard base and weakens the shoe. I found out the hard way :(

I am now the proud new owner of a pair of GAIA cleats. A little more expensive so they better last a couple seasons! They are comfy though. First test, tomorrow night.

So if you learn something from me it's DRY YOUR CLEATS!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home