Procrastination by Poulton

Where I post my thoughts of the day

Monday, June 26, 2006

DQ Blizzards? Not any more!

Well maybe I am a little harsh on Dairy Queen. I may sneak an odd blizzard in here or there but my eyes were opened the other day.
I was listening to the radio and they were commenting on the nutritional value (or abuse) in a DQ blizzard; specifically a Large Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough blizzard. This "treat" has 1320 calories and 52g of fat! With 193g of carbs maybe I should be loading on this before my adventure race!
You may have seen such movies as Supersize Me. Honestly, it's the kids that don't have the knowledge yet to make these informed decisions that bothers me. I have to applaud the government for trying to control the amount of trans fats that manufacturers can use. If you're old and know what you are putting in your body and are happy with it - fine - but obese kids is not something we need. Just be thankful we don't have the Triple Whopper with Cheese here in Canada (I think it is just in the US). Otherwise you'd be in store for 1230 calories, 82g of fat and one serious stomach ache if you combined that with a DQ blizzard dessert.

Just remember, most nutritional labels are based on a 2500 calorie a day diet consisting of no more than 65g's of fat. I guess a Burger King followed by DQ for dessert is out of the question for me :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home