Procrastination by Poulton

Where I post my thoughts of the day

Monday, July 31, 2006

New Neighbourhood? Get a dog!

I just celebrated my first year anniversary in my new house. No, I didn't throw a party for myself or cook myself a nice dinner but it has been a year. I've noticed that I really don't know a heck of a lot of people in my neighbourhood. Sure I know my immediate neighbours and directly across the street but beyond that people seem to be content with keeping to themselves.
I had the fortune of dog-sitting this weekend and came to the conclusion that if you really want to be known in the neighbourhood, get a large dog. My friends dog is a Great Dane (130 lbs and probably 4 1/2 feet tall). It's amazing how many people talk to you when you walk a dog like this. And for those who are staring in pure terror, it's a great ice-breaker to say hi to them.
So if you are new to a neighbourhood or just want to meet some people, get a dog and go for walks. You'll be making friends in no time!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home